COVID-19 Health & Safety Protocols
As the number of cases in our area continues to drop, the State of Oregon, Multnomah County, and the City of Portland have announced that they will be shifting to optional masking, both indoors and outdoors, on Monday, March 14.
There are still some unknowns about what this will look like for us here at BaxterSports camps, but here a few things we know at this point:
- We will be transitioning to optional masking.
- Based on the lessons of the last two years, and to prepare for future and possible COVID-19 surges or variants, we will continue to:
- Closely monitor illness among staff and campers and require that all persons stay home when sick with COVID-19 symptoms;
- Keep indoor areas well ventilated.
- Inform families and staff if an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19 was on-site during their contagious period.
- We will not be able to honor requests from families to ensure their camper is masked during the day. We will continue to have extra masks on site for campers who misplace their mask or if their mask breaks.
- Since the onset of the pandemic in 2020, we have worked hard to continuously operate our programming while keeping our campers and our community safe, and we have had no known transmissions of COVID-19 at any of our camps.
You can find out more from the Oregon Health Authority here.
If you have any questions or concerns or wish to discuss things further, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 458-207-6375.