Youth Leadership Camp
BaxterSports Youth Leadership Training Program
Located in Portland OR
For over 10 years, BaxterSports has been giving young athletes the opportunity to flex their leadership muscles with a combination of teaching, training, and then hiring them for volunteer and paid positions as coaches with proven success. An intregal part of this process is our Youth Leadership Development Program, a week-long camp for rising 8th, 9th and 10th graders which provides an intensive training experience through a combination of educational and practical exercises. BaxterSports Youth Leadership Camp is a chance for teens to learn the mental and physical aspects of coaching and leadership within the enviroment of a simultaneously occuring All Sports, All Girls or Soccer Camp.
- Daily sessions with Brian and other coaches
- Reading and journaling assignments to study leadership
- Learning the art of public speaking and good communication skills
- Practicing goal setting
- Employing sports psychology and a positive mindset
- Planning and executing activities
- Gaining responsibilities within the camp environment
- Assisting coaches with younger campers
- A chance to play and practice sports with older campers
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
We will be holding Youth Leadership Development Camps the following dates/locations in 2023: Sellwood Park All Sports Camp June 19-23; Woodstock Park All Girls Camp June 26-30; Fernhill Park All Sports Camp July 10-14; Woodstock Park All Sports Camp July 31-Aug 4. Potential Youth Leaders will start by submitting an application.
We will prioritize candidates who fill this out themselves over parents who are filling it out for them. Our Youth Leadership Camps are the same cost as attendence in our youth sports camps. We will honor early bird discounts for those who apply prior to March 8th.